Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bit the Bullet

I don’t know how many diets I have tried since I started this blog. It is getting a lil ridiculous. I also realized with the way I eat, that a lot of those diets are NOT sustainable for life. So, as you know, I love watching Dr. Oz. On his show on Monday, he announced his Transformation Nation Challenge.

 

source

My sis and I decided to sign up. I figured I want to lose weight anyways, so why not? If you would like to sign up shoot me an email and I will send you an invite.

Well yesterday, I went to Weight Watchers to do my “Official Weigh-in” and got inspired by all the women there who have lost weight or are in the process. I decided to bite  the bullet and just do it. I have friends who lost weight on this program and also have read many blogs with success stories. I have thought about it but never wanted to pay for meeting and stuff. But, I thought that it is a small price to pay for a healthy weight and good health. Also, yesterday I got my bloodwork checked for the challenge. I got the results this morning and the total cholesterol was a lil high. I kinda freaked out. Well, upon talking to the doctor, he told me that my HDL (good cholesterol) was so high that it made the total high. He also told me not to worry about the total number since my LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglycerides were low. He said my HDL is probably high because of exercise and diet.  I also realized something today. I don’t have a problem with eating healthy food, but sometimes I eat a lil too much or also eat unhealthy food. During the week though, usually my diet is on point. The weekends are killers of my good eating. So wish me luck in this endeavor!

Question for the day:

What are your pitfalls on dieting? I know we all know what to do, but what are we not doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment