Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate Milk?!?

Today on Fitblog one of the questions was “How do you refuel after a workout?” My answer for a long run was chocolate milk. When I was training last year for my first half marathon, the coaches told me that it was the best recovery drink. I of course was a lil skeptical. But according to Medical News Today, “Chocolate milk's combination of carbohydrates and high-quality protein first made researchers take notice of a potential exercise benefit. The combination of carbs and protein already in chocolate milk matched the ratio found to be most beneficial for recovery.” Plus it is also very inexpensive compared to all those specialty drinks.


Did you guys watch Oprah today? It was on going Vegan for a week and also guest starred Michael Pollen. He is a great author with a lot of insight on the food industry and what to put in out bodies. Do you think that Oprah will influence a different audience on being more mindful on what you are eating?

Here is a link on the show: Do You Know Where Your Food comes from?


On a lighter note (literally) I got my hair done today! I am happy with the results and am gonna truly miss my friend Jessica doing it. I am very picky on my hair and now when I move to Cali, I am gonna have to find a new stylist. Here are some pics of the results…(excuse the no makeup,did not reapply after workout):

2011-02-01 2011-02-01 001 001

 

2011-02-01 2011-02-01 001 002

 

2011-02-01 2011-02-01 001 004

 

Well off to study for a quiz manana and to bed. Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment