Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Snookie!

That is my nickname for my bestie Rosa. Of course it comes from the show. But we call each other that. We celebrated her birthday a lil early yesterday at Carrabas. It was fun! I ate a grilled chicken breast with herbs and mushrooms and some green beans sautéed in olive oil, red onions and garlic. I did not get a pic unfortunately. Here are some pics from last night though…

IMG_0464

My friend Kaitlin and her hubs Zach.

IMG_0465

My friend Melissa and her hubs Noah.

 

IMG_0466

My bestie “Snookie” and I.

IMG_0467

My friend Denisce and Kyle.

IMG_0468

 

IMG_0469

Snookie and her hubs James.


Today we spent the day painting the house. We are about halfway done at this point. I can’t wait till it is done! I promise to post some before and afters of the casa.


I also made a homemade white chicken chili for lunch. It came out soooo good! My dad gave us a pressure cooker a while back as a gift and I have never used it. It popped in my head to try it out. So I decided to make this recipe using it. It cooked super fast! Actually some burnt on the bottom which was not fun to clean but it was still delish.

Here is some pics along with how to make it. Enjoy!

IMG_0470

I started off with dried Northern white beans. I put them in a pot and soaked them for about a day. This is them drained.

IMG_0471

I diced 3 cloves of garlic and a sweet onion.

IMG_0472

I roasted 3 poblano peppers on the stove until the outside got blackened.

IMG_0473

After they are done roasting put them directly into a plastic zip bag and allow the steam to soften the outside( this makes peeling them a looooottt easier).

IMG_0474

Peel the blackened part off the poblanos.

IMG_0476

Dice the poblano peppers.  Warm up about 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil in a pot and sauté the onion, garlic and poblano peppers.

IMG_0477

Cut 2-3 lbs. of chicken into 1” bite sized pieces. Add to pot and sauté for about 2-3 min.

IMG_0478

I then added the spices and salt and pepper and mixed it all together in the pot. After everything is blended well, Add 4 cups of chicken broth and 4 cups of water(You can use 2 containers of chicken broth if you would like also).

IMG_0479

Here is a pic of everything mixed up.

IMG_0480

After you add the broth close the pressure cooker and cook for about 1-1 1/2 hrs. or until done.

IMG_0482

Here is the finished product.

IMG_0483

I put it on top of some brown rice. You can also add some toppings of your choice.


Well we are gonna paint tomorrow, so I am gonna relax and get ready to go to sleep. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment